A very delicate, soft, buttery cookie with cream cheese mixed into the batter for a distinct flavor. This cookie is very easy to make. Change the look and taste by simply changing the jam flavor.
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour and mix well, being careful not to overbeat at this point. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using your pinky finger (or the end of a wooden spoon), make small indentations in the center of each ball; fill with about ¼ teaspoon jam. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.